My Town Tutors is making a huge commitment for the 2014 – 2015 school year to be the #1 tutoring resource for parents and teachers in America. Our motto is “Teachers are great tutors!” Parents love the fact that every teacher in our directory is a teacher!
Math Teachers are Great Tutors!
My Town Tutors loves math teachers. We even helped on math teacher make $5,000 dollars tutoring privately. Our goal is to attract more math teachers to visit our site, that is why we have collected 21 great twitter accounts for math teachers.
We started our list by analyzing the twitter account of @NCTM. The NCTM is the Best Resource for Math Teachers! They have 11,500+ followers and are only following 16 accounts. (Today they are follow 245+) We started by trusting their selection of accounts to follow. My Town Tutors added a few of our favorites to bring the number up to 21.
- @changeequation – A non-partisan, CEO-led initiative to connect and align efforts to improve STEM learning in the United States. Washington D.C. · http://www.changetheequation.org . 100 / 100 Tweet Grader
- @NCTM – The National Council of Teachers of Mathematics is the public voice of mathematics education, providing vision, leadership and professional development. Reston, Virginia · http://www.nctm.org . 100 / 100 Tweet Grader
- @USATeducation – Using USA TODAY to connect what students are learning in the classroom to events, trends and circumstances in the world around them. Listening closely. Everywhere in the USA · http://education.usatoday.com . 100 / 100 Tweet Grader
- @mytowntutors – Teachers are GREAT tutors! We connect parents with local teachers who tutor. Teachers keep 100% of fees. http://www.mytowntutors.com/blog/ Boston, Massachusetts and USA · http://www.mytowntutors.com . 100 / 100 Tweet Grader
- @NCETM – The National Centre for Excellence in the Teaching of Mathematics. Helping teachers of Mathematics with CPD. England · https://www.ncetm.org.uk . 97.1 / 100 Tweet Grader
- @StemEdCoalition – A broad alliance of business, education, and professional organizations advocating to improve STEM education at every level. Washington, DC · http://www.stemedcoalition.org . 97.1 / 100 Tweet Grader
- @edwebnet – A professional social and learning community…. join us for free webinars, innovative ideas, and great conversations about education! http://www.edWeb.net . 95.8 / 100 Tweet Grader
- @EinsteinFellow – The Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship brings exemplary STEM (science, tech, engineering, & math) teachers to DC to serve in public policy. Washington, DC · http://www.einsteinfellows.org . 95 / 100 Tweet Grader
- @MathJokes – I haven’t invented these jokes – I just collect them infinity · http://www.mathjokes.org/ . 94 / 100 Tweet Grader
- @TCM_at_NCTM – Teaching Children Mathematics is the NCTM journal for grade PK-6 math education. It is a forum for the exchange of ideas, activities and research. Reston,VA · http://www.nctm.org/tcm . 91 / 100 Tweet Grader
- @MTMS_at_NCTM – Mathematics Teaching in the Middle School is a NCTM journal, focusing on teaching mathematics to students in grades 5 through 9. Reston, VA · http://www.nctm.org/mtms . 89 / 100 Tweet Grader
- @NCTMIllum – NCTM Illuminations is home to more than 600 free math resources!http://illuminations.nctm.org . 88 / 100 Tweet Grader
- @MT_at_NCTM – The Mathematics Teacher, an official journal of NCTM, is devoted to improving mathematics instruction from grade 8-14 and supporting teacher education programs. nctm.org/high . 86 / 100 Tweet Grader
- @calcblog– Math and graphing calculator tips, tricks and tutorials for students and educators at http://www.calcblog.com/ San Francisco, USA · http://www.calcblog.com/ . 83 / 100 Tweet Grader
- @jonathanwray – Mathematics educator, works for Howard County Public Schools, EMS&TL project manager, NCTM Board of Directors (2012-15), AMMTE President-Elect.http://jonathanwray.com . 78 / 100 Tweet Grader
- @LindaGojak – President of the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics. http://nctm.org . 63 / 100 Tweet Grader
- @pegcagle – zome building, origami folding, moebius knitting, all-around geometry fan and architect turned math teacher & education policy wonk. math.cagle.com . 62 / 100 Tweet Grader
- @pidaychallenge – The Pi Day Challenge is a series of puzzles that are logic-based. We had over 15,000 students & educators take the challenge in 2009 and over 100,000 in 2010! Creator @mplum31 Boston, MA · http://www.pidaychallenge.com . 52 / 100 Tweet Grader
- @robertqberry – Associate Professor, NCTM Board of Directors (2011-2014) & Soccer Dad. 50 / 100 Tweet Grader
- @VCTMath – The Virginia Council of Teachers of Mathematics is a non-profit organization that provides support for all Virginia teachers of mathematics. Virginia · http://www.vctm.org . 44 / 100 Tweet Grader
- @cenkgiray ankara. 12 / 100 Tweet Grader
My Town Tutors is a website that connects parents with teachers who tutor. If you are a teacher who tutors, for a limited time, you can register for using promo code: usteachers. Teachers set the hourly and keep 100% of the fees! One of our teachers made $5,000 last year tutoring.
It is FREE for parents to search for a teacher in their area. Please help us find ONE MORE teacher who tutors!