My Town Tutors is a great resource for parents & teachers. Find qualified tutors in your area today!
Top Joke Pages: 180 School Jokes, Family Joke of the Day, May Jokes for Kids, Funny Jokes for Kids, Funny Animal Jokes for Kids, Knock Knock Jokes for Kids
- School Jokes for Kids
- 180 School Jokes: Start Your Day with a Smile
- Elementary School Jokes
- 26 Lessons for the Letter of the Week A- Z
- Kindergarten Jokes
This lesson was taken directly from the homework assignments of a Massachusetts kindergarten teacher.
Letter of the Week – W w
During the week, please learn to identify this letter, it’s sound, and formation. At home please make a list of words that begin with this letter.
Also identify the high frequency words “little” and “have.”
W w Activities
- Look for signs of winter.
- Walk around your house five times.
- Count the windows in your kitchen.
- Walk like an elephant.
- Wiggle like a worm.
- Try to whistle.
- Eat or drink something warm.
- Look outside. What is the weather like?
- Count the number of wheels on your car.
- Write your name.
- Make a wish upon a star.
- Watercolor (or crayon) pretty picture for the classroom.
Activity: Play this game. Say, “I am going to say a word, listen carefully to it. Put your hands on your head if the word starts with /w/ sound. Keep your hands at your side if the word you hear does NOT start with the /w/ sound.”
Word List: water, wet, rain, waves, surf, windy, winter, snow, warm, dirt, Wednesday.