My Town Tutors is making a huge commitment for the 2014 – 2015 school year to be the #1 tutoring resource for parents and teachers in America. Our motto is “Teachers are great tutors!” Parents love the fact that every teacher in our directory is a teacher!
Celebrate Geography Awareness Week (November 17th – 23rd 2013) with these geography quotes.
- “The study of geography is about more than just memorizing places on a map. It’s about understanding the complexity of our world, appreciating the diversity of cultures that exists across continents. And in the end, it’s about using all that knowledge to help bridge divides and bring people together.” President Barack Obama
- “Everything has to do with geography.” Judy Martz
- “Why climb Mt. Everest?” “Because it’s there.” George Mallory
- “Geography is destiny.” Abraham Verghese
- “God created war so that Americans would learn geography. Mark Twain
- “I like geography. I like to know where places are.” Tom Felton
- “Dreams are our only geography—our native land.” Dejan Stojanovic
- “How do you find America?”…..”Turn left at Greenland.”Ringo Starr(Media question to Beatles during first U.S. tour 1964)
- “Here’s a tip, Alyconeus. Next time you choose the biggest state for your home, don’t set up base in the part that’s only 10 miles wide. Welcome to Canada, idiot.” Rick Riordan, The Son of Neptune
- “All I ever wanted was a world without maps.” Michael Ondaatje, The English Patient
- “Can you see the sunset real good on the West side? You can see it on the East side too.” S.E. Hinton, The Outsiders
“When Brian told me he grew up in New Mexico, I told him I thought it is cool that people from other countries play football. He corrected me on my geography and agreed to sit down with me anyway.” Terry Bradshaw
“To me, it seems a dreadful indignity to have a soul controlled by geography.”
- “I get to go to overseas places, like Canada.” Britney Spears
“It is wonderful to be here in the great state of Chicago” Dan C. Quayle
“The art of biography is different from geography. Geography is about maps, but biography is about chaps.” Eric Bentley
“Sometimes I think war is God’s way of teaching us geography.” Paul Rodriguez
“You want a lesson? I’ll give you a lesson. How about a geography lesson? My father’s from Puerto Rico. My mother’s from El Salvador. And neither one of those is Mexico.” Jennifer Esposito
Visit our special learning days page for more lessons, activities, and ideas.
If you are a teacher who tutors, register with us for just $12 for a year. This is the only fee! Teachers keep 100% of the money. One of our teachers made $5,000 last year tutoring.
Parents, “teachers are great tutors!” Find one in your area today!