My Town Tutors is the nation’s 1st National Directory of teachers who tutor. Our goal in 2014 is to expand our network of local teachers who tutor to 1,000 teachers! In 2013 we had over 150,000 visitors to our site from all 50 states.
It is FREE for parents to search for a teacher in their area. Please help us find ONE MORE teacher who tutors!
Dr. Seuss has inspired so many readers both young and old.
Here are a few quotes that we would like to share.
- Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.
Congratulations! Today is your day!
- Why fit in when you were born to stand out?
- Kid, you’ll move mountains! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!”
- Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.
- Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.
- So be sure when you step, Step with care and great tact. And remember that life’s A Great Balancing Act.
- The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.
- You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room.
- A person’s a person, no matter how small.
- Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.
- Today is gone. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.
- Only you can control your future.
- So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.
- You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose.
- I’m sorry to say so but, sadly it’s true that bang-ups and hang-ups can happen to you.
- Look at me! Look at me! Look at me NOW! It is fun to have fun, but you have to know how.
- If you keep your eyes open enough, oh the stuff you will learn. Oh the most wonderful stuff.
- All alone! Whether you like it or not, alone is something you’ll be quite a lot.
- Words and pictures are yin and yang. Married, they produce a progeny more interesting than either parent. Be awesome! Be a book nut!
- You’re in pretty good shape for the shape you are in. I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I’ve bought a big bat. I’m all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
- It’s a troublesome world. All the people who’re in it are troubled with troubles almost every minute. You ought to be thankful, a whole heaping lot, for the places and people you’re lucky you’re not.
- Oh, the things you can find if you don’t stay behind!
- Think and wonder, wonder and think.
- Simple it’s not, I am afraid you will find, for a mind-maker-upper to make up his mind.
- Christmas doesn’t come from a store, maybe Christmas perhaps means a little bit more …
- You’re on your own. And you know what you know… And YOU are the guy who will decide where to go.
- Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!
- I know, up on top you are seeing great sights, but down here at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
- I’m afraid sometimes you’ll play lonely games too, games you can’t win because you’ll play against you.
- From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere.
- I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells.
- If you never did you should. These things are fun and fun is good.
- They say I’m old-fashioned, and live in the past, but sometimes I think progress progresses too fast!
- I’m glad we had the times together just to laugh and sing a song, seems like we just got started and then before you know it, the times we had together were gone.
- If things start happening, don’t worry, don’t stew, just go right along and you’ll start happening too.
- Things may happen and often do to people as brainy and footsy as you.
- There’s no limit to how much you’ll know, depending how far beyond zebra you go.
- Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So… get on your way.
- And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!
- It’s opener, out there, in the wide, open air.
- You’ll miss the best things if you keep your eyes shut. Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.
- In the places I go there are things that I see that I never could spell if I stopped with the Z.
- If you’d never been born, then you might be an Isn’t! An Isn’t has no fun at all. No, he disn’t.
- Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life’s realities.