My Town Tutors is the nation’s 1st National Directory of teachers who tutor. Our goal in 2014 is to expand our network of local teachers who tutor to 1,000 teachers! In 2013 we had over 150,000 visitors to our site from all 50 states.
The following books were recommended by our Connected Educators of Week. We hope you enjoy! If you are interested in purchasing the book from Amazon, please click the image!
- Vicki Davis, Louise Morgan, and Rodger Hunwick recommend: Teach Like a Pirate by Dave Burgess
- Nancy Carroll & Louise Morgan recommend: The Book Whisperer by Donalyn Miller.
- Drew Minock recommends: Wooden: A Lifetime of Observations and Reflections On and Off the Court by John Wooden & Steve Jamison.
- Vicki Davis recommends: Flattening Classrooms, Engaging Minds by Vicki Davis.
- PJ Caposey recommends: What Great Teachers Do Differently by Todd Whitaker.
- Vicki Davis recommends: Invent to Learn by Sylvia Martinez and Gary Stager.
- Vicki Davis recommends: Classroom Habitudes by Angela Maiers.
- Patrick Larkinrecommends: TED book Why School by Will Richardson
- Bill Burkheadrecommends: Improving Schools from Within by Roland S. Barth
- Michael Smith recommends: The Art of School Boarding by Jim Burgett.
- PJ Caposey recommends: Teaching with Poverty in Mind by Eric Jennsen.
- Rodger Hunwick recommends: Chess is Child’s Play by Laura Sherman and Bill Kilpatrick.
- Genein Letford recommends: Linchpin: Are You Indispensable? by Seth Godin.
- Lillie Marshall recommends: All Souls: A Family Story from Southie by Michael Patrick MacDonald.
- Lillie Marshall recommends: The Assist: Hoops, Hope, and the Game of Their Lives by Neil Swidey