- Top 10 Jokes for Each Month
- Travel Guest Blogs
- U.S. History Jokes
- 365 Family Friendly Jokes
- Top Careers & Career Advice
History is something we should all know more about.
It’s a subject that can be both fascinating and terrifying, depending on how you look at it. But what if you had the chance to see history in person?
That’s where these five family-friendly destinations come in. These places give visitors of all ages the opportunity to learn more about the past and explore new cultures without having to worry about being overwhelmed by too much information or seeing anything too scary for young children.
Rather than going on a typical spring break trip this year, consider going somewhere that will broaden your horizons as a family.
Be sure to do your research before visiting any one place, as each destination offers something different.
When it comes to family-friendly destinations for learning about history, there are plenty of great places to choose from all over the world.
From ancient ruins to sprawling fortresses, these locations offer visitors of all ages the opportunity to explore new cultures and learn more about the past.
Best Family Trips for History
Here are five of our favorites:
1. A royal tour of London, England
London is an amazing city to visit for families who want to learn about history. There are so many famous landmarks and historical sites to explore, and the city is packed with museums and other educational attractions.
The best part is that London is also very child-friendly, with plenty of activities and attractions that are perfect for kids. From the Tower of London to Buckingham Palace, there is something for everyone in London. Plus, most of the museums are completely free to visit!
If you’re looking for a great place to stay in London with your family, then look no further.
Here are a couple of great family-friendly hotels in London:
- The Langham – This luxury hotel is perfect for families who want to enjoy all the comforts of home while they’re on vacation. The Langham offers spacious rooms, excellent customer service, and a wide range of on-site amenities.
- The Goring – This historical hotel is located in the heart of London and is perfect for families who want to be close to all the action. The Goring offers comfortable accommodations, delicious dining options, and plenty of activities for kids.
2. French history in Paris, France
Paris is one of the most famous and well-loved cities in the world, and for good reason. Not only is it home to some of the best food in the world, but it’s also a great place to learn about French history.
There are countless museums and historical landmarks to visit in Paris, making it the perfect destination for history buffs of all ages. Be sure to visit the Louvre Museum, the Eiffel Tower, and Notre Dame Cathedral, and these other best things to do in Paris with kids.
When visiting Paris with your family, it’s important to find a hotel that will accommodate everyone’s needs. The following three hotels are some of the best places to stay in Paris for families.
The first hotel is the Radisson Blu Hotel, which is located close to the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame Cathedral. This hotel offers spacious rooms and a variety of on-site amenities, including a swimming pool and a fitness center.
The second hotel is the Westin Paris – Vendome, which is located in the heart of Paris near many of the city’s top attractions. This hotel offers luxurious accommodations and on-site dining options.
The third hotel is the Novotel Paris Centre Tour Eiffel, which is located a short distance from the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame Cathedral. This hotel offers modern accommodations and a variety of on-site dining options.
3. Ancient ruins in Pompeii, Italy
Located near Naples, Italy, Pompeii is home to some of the world’s best-preserved ancient ruins. In 79 A.D., Mount Vesuvius erupted and buried Pompeii in ash and lava, preserving the remains of the once-thriving Roman city.
Since its discovery in 1748, Pompeii has been a popular destination for Italians and tourists alike.
If you’re looking for a place to stay near Pompeii, be sure to check out the following hotels:
- Hotel Villa Orlando – This hotel is just a few minutes away from Pompeii’s archaeological site, and offers rooms with air conditioning, TVs, and minibars.
- Hotel al Focolare – This hotel is located right in the heart of Pompeii, and offers guests free breakfast and Wi-Fi.
- B&B La Casa Di Adriana – This bed and breakfast is also located right in the heart of Pompeii, and features rooms with balconies and terraces.
4. Fortresses outside of Stockholm, Sweden
The well-preserved coastal fortresses around Stockholm are some of the best places to visit with your family in Sweden. These fortresses are stunning examples of early 18th-century military architecture, making them a must-see destination for history buffs of all ages.
When visiting Stockholm with your family, be sure to stay in one of the city’s many wonderful hotels.
Here are some of our top picks for family-friendly accommodations:
- The Sheraton Hotel – This luxurious hotel is located in the heart of Stockholm and offers excellent amenities for families. From spacious rooms to a heated indoor pool, The Sheraton Hotel has everything you need for a comfortable stay.
- The Clarion Hotel Sign – This stylish hotel is perfect for visitors who want to enjoy a bit of luxury during their stay in Stockholm. With elegant rooms and excellent on-site facilities, the Clarion Hotel Sign is a great choice for families who want to enjoy a relaxing getaway.
- The Best Western Hotel Reisen – Located in a quiet neighborhood just outside of Stockholm, this hotel offers excellent amenities for visitors travelling with their family. With spacious rooms and convenient services, The Best Western Hotel Reisen is an affordable option that won’t disappoint.
5. Castles near Edinburgh, Scotland
The former residences of Scottish royalty make up some of the most popular castles for families to visit in the UK. From the grandeur of Holyrood House to the intrigue of Edinburgh Castle, these castles are full of history and have plenty for visitors to explore.
The first castle is Holyrood Palace, which once served as a residence for Scottish royalty. Today, it is open to the public and features luxurious rooms, impressive architecture, and fascinating exhibits about Scottish history.
The second castle is Edinburgh Castle, which has served as a military fortress, royal residence, prison, and tourist attraction since the 12th century. The castle’s exhibits focus on Scotland’s rich military history and the stories of its most famous prisoners.
Edinburgh is a city rich in history and culture, and there are plenty of places to stay that are perfect for families. The Old Town of Edinburgh is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is full of charming hotels and B&Bs. For those who want to be right in the heart of the action, the Royal Mile offers a variety of hotels within walking distance of all the major attractions.
The five destinations for history we’ve provided are a great place to start but you can also explore other historical sites that have been preserved and turned into museums.
Whether it’s old ruins or historic castles there is something for everyone. Traveling as a family while learning is a great way to bond together and grow closer as a family.
Author Bio: Kyle Kroeger is the owner of ViaTraveler.com. ViaTravelers is a destination travel blog providing the best tips, hacks, and itineraries to help you explore the world. Follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and YouTube.