My Town Tutors is a great resource for parents & teachers.
- Youth Basketball Resources
- Youth Basketball by Grade
- Youth Basketball Year: Click on this link to find ideas for each month.
- Basketball Jokes: Why did the basketball player go to jail?… Because he shot the ball! (
Coaching youth basketball can be an extremely challenging, yet rewarding task. In addition to the actual coaching time involved in practices and games, it is also important to look at the overall goal of youth sports.
Below are some ideas to consider with coaching youth sports:
- Remember the big picture: DEVELOP FUNDAMENTALS! WORK HARD! & HAVE FUN!
- The job of a youth coach is to provide athletes with the opportunity to succeed.
- Attitude is everything. When players and teams have a great attitude the sky is the limit
- Players want to be good – they just do not know HOW to do it.
- Coaches should develop “life skills” that can be used throughout life.
- Do the best you can with what you have.
- Control what you can control: practice facilities, practice times, number of players on a team, etc.
- Developing good work habits is essential to success in basketball and life.
- A great player is made through personal hard work (along with guidance from a coach).
- Players must have the right priorities (family, school, sports).