By using the www.mytowntutors.com web site (“Service”), you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”).
MyTownTutors (MTT, LLC) reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service from time to time without notice. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at: http://www.mytowntutors.com/terms-of-service (or other web link)
Violation of any of the terms below will result in the termination of your Account. While MyTownTutors prohibits such conduct and Content on the Service, you understand and agree that MyTownTutors cannot be responsible for the Content posted on the Service and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials. You agree to use the Service at your own risk.
Account Terms – Teacher / Tutor
- You must be a currently working or retired teacher.
- As a tutor with MyTownTutors, you are an independent contractor rather than an employee. You have full responsibility and flexibility for setting your fees, arranging appointments with students, and preparing instruction.
- You must provide your legal full name and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process.
- You must provide school contact information, school email, school phone, and school website if available. This information is critical to allow parents to confirm that you are a working teacher. Parents are encouraged to make first contact with you through a school email or school phone number. If you are a retired teacher, you must provide information that allows MyTownTutors to verify you are a retired teacher.
- You must maintain and promptly update the My Account section of your profile to keep it accurate, current, and complete.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. MyTownTutors cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all Content posted and activity that occurs under your account.
- You are responsible for checking your email regularly. As an active tutor, you should make every effort to respond to tutoring requests within 48 hours.
- You are responsible for conducting yourself in a professional manner at all times with the students and parents.
- You understand that MyTownTutors strongly recommends and encourages that tutoring sessions be scheduled in a safe public space like a school, church, library, or coffee shop. If a tutoring session is held at a home, MyTownTutors strongly recommends and urges that another responsible adult (i.e. a parent/guardian of the student) also be present for the tutoring session. This recommendation is meant to protect you and your clients.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
Payment, Refunds and Downgrading Terms (Tutors)
- MyTownTutors charges a one-time registration fee, and a monthly fee to keep your account active, as described at http://www.mytowntutors.com/become-a-tutor
- A valid credit card is required for paying accounts. Free accounts are not required to provide a credit card number.
- The Service is billed in advance on a monthly basis and is non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partia months of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with an open account. In order to treat everyone equally, no exceptions will be made.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties, excluding only United States (federal or state) taxes.
- For any upgrade or downgrade in plan level, your credit card that you provided will automatically be charged the new rate on your next billing cycle.
Online Billing Terms (Tutors)
As a tutor on our site, you can optionally sign up for our online payments service. Our Online Payments service allows you to provide your clients with the ability to pay online for an appointment, in advance.
- MyTownTutors charges a fee of 10% of the entire transaction. For example, if your appointment costs the client $100, you make a total of $90.
- You will be paid no earlier than 3 days after your tutoring session takes place. This rule is meant to protect you and your clients.
- You will be paid by check, and you are responsible for providing us with an accurate address at which to mail your payments.
- You will not be paid for a tutoring session for which you do not attend.
- Should a dispute arise and a credit card dispute is filed by your client, MyTownTutors will suspend your payments and your account until the issue is resolved. If the credit card processing company decides in your favor, we will remit payment. Otherwise, your account may be terminated by MyTownTutors.
Account Terms – Parents and Guardians
- You must be 18 years or older to use this Service. However, it is completely acceptable and encouraged for a parent/guardian to arrange appointments for their school aged children.
- You must provide your full legal name, a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the tutor search process.
- Tutors in our database have NOT been screened by MyTownTutors, however, it is a requirement in the majority of states that a teacher complete and pass a CORI background check. Public schools require this check as a term of employment. MyTownTutors does not confirm or deny the validity of the information associated with each tutor.
- MyTownTutors has provided school contact information for you to confirm the status of a tutor in our database. It is strongly recommended and encouraged that you use one of these contact methods prior to having your first tutoring session.
- You understand that after speaking with the tutor, you should have complete confidence in the tutor’s qualifications and be comfortable with this individual working with your child.
- When working with a retired teacher, be sure you have complete confidence in the tutor’s qualifications and are comfortable with this individual working with your child. MyTownTutors cannot provide school contact information for these individuals.
- You understand that MyTownTutors strongly recommends and encourages that tutoring sessions be scheduled in a safe public space like a school, church, library, or coffee shop. If a tutoring session is held at a home, MyTownTutors strongly recommends and urges that another responsible adult (i.e. a parent / guardian of the student) also be present for the tutoring session. This recommendation is meant to protect you and your tutor.
- Although we provide this service for ou, we provide it with NO WARRANTY and NO GUARANTEE. MyTownTutors is NOT RESPONSIBLE for any problems that arise from working with your tutor.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES AS A USER OF THIS SERVICE
For your safety, we provide school contact information for each working teacher. It is highly recommend you call the school that your tutor works at to verify that they are currently teaching at the school. We highly recommend that you talk to the tutor in person or over the phone if you have no worked with them before.
Cancellation and Termination
- You are solely responsible for properly canceling your account. An email or phone request to cancel your account is not considered cancellation. You can cancel your account at any time by clicking on the Account link in the global navigation bar at the top of the screen. The Account screen provides a simple no questions asked cancellation link.
- All of your Content will be immediately deleted from the Service upon cancellation. This information cannot be recovered once your account is cancelled.
- If you cancel the Service before the end of your current paid up month, your cancellation will take effect immediately and you will not be charged again.
- MyTownTutors, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service, for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all Content in your Account. MyTownTutors reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- MyTownTutors reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- Prices of all Services, including but not limited to monthly subscription plan fees to the Service, are subject to change upon 30 days notice from us. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the MyTownTutors Site (mytowntutors.com) or the Service itself.
- MyTownTutors shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- All content posted on the Service must comply with U.S. copyright law.
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Service. Your profile and materials uploaded remain yours. However, by setting your pages to be shared publicly, you agree to allow others to view and share your Content.
- MyTownTutors does not pre-screen Content, but MyTownTutors and its designee have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via the Service.
- The look and feel of the Service is copyright©2008-2009 MTT, LLC. All rights reserved. You may not duplicate, copy, or reuse any portion of the HTML/CSS or visual design elements without express written permission from MyTownTutors.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- Technical support is only provided to paying account holders and is only available via email.
- You understand that MyTownTutors uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service, MyTownTutors, or any other MyTownTutors service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by MyTownTutors.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and Accounts containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any MyTownTutors customer, employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
- You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- You must not upload, post, host, or transmit unsolicited email, SMSs, or “spam” messages.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- MyTownTutors does not warrant that (i) the service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- The failure of MyTownTutors to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and MyTownTutors and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and MyTownTutors (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
- Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to support at mytowntutors dot com.